Lamad Faculty Handbook eBook
This book presents lamad (revelation-based learning) standards for teachers and curriculum writers. Lamad is a Hebrew word found in the Old Testament and it is translated "to teach" or "to learn." It is a kind of learning that involves the Holy Spirit granting divine revelation to the heart of man. Thus it goes beyond western rationalism as a learning methodology.
Revelation-based standards for teachers, classrooms and curriculum
Lamad standards require that texts and teaching style cause the student to personally encounter the subject matter at hand, and then interact with the Holy Spirit concerning this subject matter while working the truths out in real life situations. This is much different than what is expected in a typical western academic classroom, where the focus is primarily on what is happening between the ears.
In addition to teaching what revelation-based educational standards are, this practical workbook lays out many evaluation score sheets with standards in the following areas:
- Standards for being a lamad teacher (8 standards)
- Standards for developing lamad textbooks (13 standards)
- Standards for a lamad teaching style (9 standards).
- Then we lay out a model for developing a lamad lesson plan and creating lamad educational modules.
Is it possible to have spirit/heart educational standards?
It is possible to have educational standards which incorporate the working of the Holy Spirit, the response of one's heart and the end result of a life transformed? This workbook proves that it is. Standards do not need to be reduced to simply what a person memorizes.
We call for the Church to embrace revelation-based standards and develop learning modules which lead students into deeper intimacy with the Holy Spirit. The Bible has 1400 verses on heart and spirit and only 100 on mind. Training must be heart/spirit focused. This is true Christianity. Jesus ministered heart to heart. This is what we must do. Rules produce religion. Christianity is about relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, through intimacy with the Holy Spirit. We MUST call our people into an ever deeper relationship with the Holy Spirit!
Lamad Faculty Handbook is designed for writers and educators and anyone who wants to learn to communicate heart to heart.
Related training manuals include:
- Lamad Expanded Definition
- Secrets of World-Class Teachers Package (how to become an outstanding revelation-based instructor)
- 120+ Bible College Level Course Syllabi on CD-ROM (all are revelation-based learning in design)
- How to Set up a Bible School in Your Local Church (Chapters 1-3 excerpted from the Operations Manual)
- History of Seminaries and Accreditation (by Dr. Gary S. Greig)
- Lamad New Testament in process of development (Gospel of John available here)
- Here is a free sample of a Lamad course syllabi: REN103 Communion With God.
- Lamad Biblical Education Association (hard copy book which may be purchased)
- FREE: Download the Lamad Biblical Education Association eBook here.
A free gift for you to download, enjoy and share with your friends!
Patti Virkler, the Academic Dean of Christian Leadership University, has just finished a complete re-write of the college course syllabus for our most popular class, “REN103 Communion With God.” It goes along with our new book 4 Keys to Hearing God’s Voice and is an amazing improvement over the already life-changing syllabus which was written 15 years ago. Time and experience do allow us the opportunity to continually improve our initial products and we pass these improvements on to you.
We believe this is so precious and valuable, it should be distributed as widely as possible to all people, colleges, Bible schools and Schools of Ministry with the goal of getting as many schools and churches and home groups as possible teaching this course on how to hear God’s voice. So we invite you to download the new syllabus, and pass it around as widely as possible. It is free!
The personal benefit to you is that by completing all the assignments in this course syllabus, you will absolutely internalize the skill of hearing God’s voice on a daily basis and recording what He is saying to you. If you want college credit for this, you may enroll in our REN103 Communion with God course which comes complete with an instructor, tests, a final grade and college credits. Click here to learn more.