It was Jesus Who spoke these confrontational words, and He spoke them to the religious leaders of His day. Do you think He would speak them to the religious leaders of today? Let’s find out.
What had the religious leaders done that caused Jesus to say such a thing?
"And He said to them, 'Rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: "IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN." Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.... You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.'" (Mk. 7:6-9)
The Baptist church where I was saved refused to allow musical instruments as part of worship. I showed them Psalm 150:3-4: “Praise Him with trumpet sound; Praise Him with harp and lyre. Praise Him with timbrel and dancing; Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe.” They said, "That’s not our tradition." Tradition overruled the Bible, so I left that church at age 16.
Asbury Theology Seminary demanded that I promise not to speak in tongues, even privately. I showed them 1 Corinthians 14:39: “Do not forbid to speak in tongues.” They said, "Not on our campus during the years you are here." Tradition overruled the Bible, so I did not attend Asbury Theology Seminary.
The denomination I worked in as a pastor did not want me teaching on imagination. They believed it was New Age. I showed them 1 Chronicles 29:18 KJV: “Keep this forever in the imagination of the thoughts of the heart.” Tradition overruled the Bible, so I was fired from my job on that pastoral team because I had a commission from God, “Let My people SEE!”
My co-pastor wanted to be ordained by Elim Fellowship of Churches. He was told he needed to promise to give up believing that God speaks through dreams, even though the Bible says, “In the last days, your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams" (Acts 2:17). He refused to be ordained by Elim.
A CLU student submitted his book to a publisher, and it contained two-way journaling. They said: "Take the two-way journaling out and replace it with Scripture verses." The student refused and chose not to publish his book through them.
If we do not choose truth above all else, we WILL enter into deception!
- They did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, (2 Thess. 2:10-11).
- I am absolutely astounded at the level of deception I see around me on all fronts: in the Church, in politics, in the media, with the CDC and other alphabet agencies. It is an endless trail of destruction that is robbing people of their lives, their health, their joy, and even their salvation.
It is time to choose
Choose to LOVE and pursue truth and walk in the light with all of your heart so you are not sent a spirit of delusion. It doesn’t appear to me that there is a middle road. It is one or the other (Lk. 14:33; 2 Thess. 2:10-11).
Right now we need a revival in the Church and a reformation in our nation. I challenge each of us to be a part of both. This is not a day to sit back while evil consumes the world. That already happened with Hilter. It is a day to come apart and stand up and to declare the truth.
Every verse where Jesus speaks about discovering the truth
- Beholding Jesus: "We saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." (Jn. 1:14)
- Practicing truth: "But he who practices the truth comes to the Light." (Jn. 3:21)
- Continuing in Jesus’s words: "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." (Jn. 8:31-32 the word “know” in this verse is ginosko, the word for intimate knowing)
- Truth comes by hearing God’s voice: "a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God"(Jn. 8:40)
- Jesus is the truth: "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.'" (Jn. 14:6-9)
- Spirit of Truth within teaches us: "The Spirit of truth … abides with you and will be in you." (Jn. 14:17)
- Spirit of Truth within testifies about Jesus: "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me." (Jn. 15:26)
- Spirit within guides into all truth: "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth;" (Jn. 16:13-15)
- Evidence you are of the truth is that you hear Jesus’s voice: "Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice." (Jn. 18:37)
It is evil ...
- For a church, Bible school or seminary to invalidate the word of God by their traditions, rather than teaching that “you can live the Bible.” They must repent and be reformed and if they are not on that path, you should come out from them (Mk. 7:6-9).
- To focus on the rapture, eschatology and escaping to heaven, rather than focusing on leading in the area God has called you to, using His voice and anointing (Deut. 28:1,12,13 NKJV).
- For media and technology to only allow one opinion to be heard, therefore we support alternative media (Prov. 18:13, 15, 17).
- For voting machines and voting processes to allow for cheating, therefore we must clean up this mess.
- For hospitals and doctors to be forced to do what the CDC orders them to do or they will lose their funding and licensing, therefore we promote doctors being allowed to follow their conscience and alternative health care to be readily available.
- For pharmaceutical companies to not be held liable for death and deformities their products cause people.
- For Christians to prophesy gloom and doom rather than being the light of the world which, when set in a lampstand, lights a home, a city, and a nation (Matt. 5:15; Matt. 28:18-20).
- Abortion and transgender are both evil (Isa. 5:20,21).