After my heart surgery I prayed numerous times for healing of my heart. I used the prayer approach Inner Healing for an Organ. Every time I did this prayer exercise, I felt the healing power and presence of the Holy Spirit moving upon me. This was experienced as a manifestation of shaking which I believe to be my body's reaction to the Holy Spirit’s healing presence and power.
So what is going on? Wasn’t I healed in the first such experience? My impression was that somehow the repeated prayer encounters were deepening the healing. As I shared this phenomenon in a discussion with Kurt Green, Kurt shared with me his understanding that God is healing ever deepening layers (or structures) as He removes demonic strongholds. As the prayer is repeated, day after day, a deeper layer of healing was taking place. My understanding is that we are pulling down demonic strongholds or structures or belief systems in our minds. The Bible says...
For the weapons of our warfare are ... mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:4-5).
What are the components or layers which make up a stronghold in our minds? What prayers remove them?
A stronghold can be composed of any or all of the elements below. In one of your daily devotional times, ask the Lord to help you identify which items below apply and then pray the appropriate prayer to resolve it. Take your time. Tune to flow. Listen to what God is speaking. Receive the pictures God is giving. Feel the emotion as you release the issue to God.
- Lord, what are the lies I have accepted? These are beliefs I hold which are contrary to Biblical truth. Listen and journal out what God reveals. Resolve these by repenting of each one and affirming God's truth instead.
- Lord, what are the wounds to my body, soul or spirit that have been inflicted by myself and others? Often these wounds come from words you or others speak over yourself, which then become word curses. Listen and journal out what God reveals. Resolve these by picturing each scene, seeing Jesus in it and choosing to forgive, release and honor the one who wounded me. Pray this for each wound that God reveals.
- Lord, where is there brokenness in my soul, spirit or body? A broken part within me is created when I, or my ancestors, encounter a trauma and rather than inviting Jesus to be present to resolve it, and seeing Him do this, we have tried to handle it on our own. Listen and journal out what God reveals. Ask Jesus to mend this broken part within and watch and listen as He does so.
- Lord, where am I captive to evil spirits? Listen and journal out what God reveals. Demons attach themselves to lies, wounds and brokenness, compounding the problem. I command these demons to leave now in Jesus' name. Then ask Jesus to mend the broken part that was held captive and sense the release.
- Lord, where is there shock & trauma stored in my cells? Our cells hold memory which can be healed by Jesus sweeping our cells clean of traumatic memories. Listen and journal out what God reveals. "I release the memories of shock and trauma which are present in my body, soul and spirit. Jesus, sweep my cells clean. Fill them with Your light, joy and peace." See this happening. Receive this in faith.
- Lord, what are the hurtful events I have experienced which have allowed me to create negative conclusions? Listen and journal out what God reveals. I invite Jesus into the event asking Him to show me what He is doing. I tune to flowing thoughts and pictures which allows me to receive Jesus' revelation concerning the hurtful event. Jesus will ask me to extend forgiveness regarding these events in His name.
- Lord, where are the open doors/portals that gives the enemy access? A portal is a means through which something passes from one place to another. When our hearts are set on God and filled with gratitude, thankfulness and love, we become portals of the heavenly realm (Psalm 24:7). Ask Jesus to close every gateway and portal that gives the enemy access. Also ask Jesus to cleanse and heal every godly gateway. See this happening or receive this by faith.
- Lord, what are the generational sins and curses which are contributing to this stronghold in my mind? "I place the cross of Jesus between me and my ancestors and command this generational sin and curse to halt at the cross and fall to the ground powerless. I release the blessings of Calvary to cascade down upon me. Thank You, Lord."
Repeat the above prayer process until all strands are fully dealt with. Continue to invite God to reveal additional strands which need to be removed. It could be another generational sin or curse which needs to be broken, another person who needs to be forgiven, another event which needs to be forgiven, another stored trauma which needs to be released by Jesus.
- Inner Healing for an Organ
- Prayer for Healing Trauma - A prayer with music in the background by Jim and Pat Banks, which incorporates many of the ideas above.
- Brokenness Healed Through Words of Knowledge
- Breaking Agreement with Lies of the Enemy Releases Miracles and Opens Prison Doors
- Click here for a listing of additional prayer approaches