I invite you to experience this biblical meditation as you quiet yourself before Scripture and the Holy Spirit, and allow God to reveal Himself to you. Let it bring the changes within you that God desires.
Truth: My Father Is Always With Me. He Will Never Leave Me
- Repeat the above truth aloud. Close your eyes and rest a moment in this truth.
- Meditate on the Scripture below, saying it to yourself softly over and over again until you can say it with your eyes closed. As you repeat the Scripture, allow yourself to see it with the eyes of your heart. What is the picture you see in your mind’s eye as you repeat the Scripture?
[Jesus said] “…surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age” (Matthew 28:20 NIV).
Two-way Journaling Exercise
Tune to flow and with your eyes fixed on Jesus, record what He is speaking to you.
- What does the Scripture reveal about the heart of God?
- What is the Lord speaking to you personally as you see the truth of this Scripture? Put yourself in the picture of this Scripture in your mind.
- From Healing the Wounded Heart: “When we run as far and hard as we can, we learn that the presence of God is already ahead of us and ready to pour out His mercy and grace.”
- Take time to pray, declaring to God what you have seen today. "Lord, today You said to me..."
The meditation above is excerpted from the book The Healing Journey - An Interactive Guide to Spiritual Wholeness by Thom Gardner. The entire book which contains 49 biblical meditations is available for purchase here. Thom Gardner may be contacted here.