Question: As I counseled a troubled girl after one of my classes, her tearful passionate question was, "Why did my mom die last year of cancer? My mom believed with all her heart for a miracle of healing. There were prophecies by several recognized prophets who said she would be healed, and yet she died. I don’t know why. I need an answer!"
My first answer to her after an initial word of comfort was, "I don’t have all the answers. Healing is very complex and the Bible says, 'The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law'" (Deut. 29:29 NASB).
I believe that it is clearly revealed to us in Scripture that God wants His children to live in health and that He desires to heal us. Why that truth is not always manifested in the physical world is a mystery to me, a "secret thing" that I do not know. What I do know is that God has given miracles, PLUS gifts of healings (1 Cor. 12:28). So yes, it is good and right to believe for a miracle, but we must also embrace “gifts of healings” as His gifts to us as well.
We currently have a series of blogs availble which will eventually be combined into an ebook on this topic. We explore not only how to receive a miracle, but also how to receive gifts of healings. Some of these gifts involve our participation. Daniel said he would not defile his body with the king’s rich food (Dan. 1:8). So one gift of healing involves me taking the action of no longer defiling my body with rich food. The food Daniel chose to eat brought a difference in his health within just 10 days.
Plus we know that a merry heart does good like medicine (Prov. 17:22), so laughter and carefree living are crucial to our well-being, and stress is a killer. The Bible also says that when we fast our health springs forth speedily (Isa. 58:6-11). These are just a few of the many gifts of healing which God has prepared for us in addition to miracles.
I do not need to choose between miracles or gifts of healings; I do not need to pursue one and not the other. I can embrace and believe in both miracles and gifts of healings, and I can utilize any and all of the means God has provided to restore my health. I personally choose to do this, and I strongly recommend you do so also. Do not set aside half of God’s grace toward you. You do not want a 50% chance of being healed. You want to get healed! So let’s do everything necessary, and utilize every gift available.
Discovering TRUTH requires an all-out passionate search
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart (Jer. 29:13). Those who diligently seek Me will find Me (Prov. 8:17). Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened (Matt.7:7).
So no halfhearted attempt at restoring health and moving in miracles is going to do the trick. Only a 100% all-out passionate commitment to walking in miracles, gifts of healing and divine health is going to get this job done.
So the question is: “Am I 100% committed to doing whatever it takes to move into Divine Health?” The answer must be a “yes,” or this information becomes an academic exercise with little actual value to your life. “If you seek Him, He will let you find Him” (1 Chron. 28:9). God sees your heart. He comes to the heart of the devoted searcher and He reveals truth to that individual. Lord, make us passionate searchers of truth!
One statement that has come down through the ages is, “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.” I believe God responds to the hunger of our hearts. When He sees we are passionate to move to a higher level in any area, God puts in our paths those who can lead us to this higher level. I have seen this process occur over and over in my life.
One simple example has been in the area of chiropractors. Over the years, God has led me to amazing chiropractors which unique skills which have unlocked healing in various areas of my life.
The two most recent chiropractors were skilled in two totally different and complementary skills, and both brought unique restoration to our lives, which we share about through these blogs. The chiropractors are part of these two networks, Maximized Living Group and Active Release Technique practitioners. I encourage you to check their home web pages and you will probably find that some are available in your vicinity.
Truth only helps us when we act on it
Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. (Matt 7:24 NASB)
So walking in miracles and gifts of healings (or anything for that matter) depends on both a passionate, whole-hearted search for the revelatory answers, and then choosing to act on what we have learned. With no action, there is no transformation.
Reasons some do not pursue full health
- I am satisfied with the level of health I currently have.
- I get lots of attention with this infirmity.
- I get compensation if I stay sick.
- It just takes too much effort to get well. I would rather glide through life, eat my doughnuts and take my chances.
- I believe sickness and poor health are just an inevitable part of the aging process.
If you have any of the above blocks, repent and go to the Lord for forgiveness, healing of your heart and restoration of your faith for full vibrant health.
We can begin by making this declaration (speak it aloud over yourself daily):
Lord, I choose to seek out Your keys to walking in miracles, gifts of healings, and divine health. I am willing to seek Your truth with all my heart, all my soul and my entire mind. I will discover the path that leads to health, and I will walk in it by acting on the truths You are revealing to me. I will not quit until Your glory is revealed in my body and divine health springs forth so all may behold the glory of the Lord. Thank You, Jesus!
Our prayer and passion for you is restoration to 100% vibrant health!
Food for thought
- Make food your medicine. Here is a powerful TEDX Testimony of the amazing healing power of the Genesis and Daniel Diet.
- Did you know that 80% of the refined food sold in the United States has MSG (a taste enhancer) in it? It is MSG that they give to mice to fatten them up before conducting experiments on them. I would suggest it is criminal that this “fattener” is in 80% of our foods, destroying the health of hundreds of millions of Americans. There is very little chance you can be the right weight (or healthy) if 80% of your diet contains this fattener. And this is just ONE of the many reasons not to purchased refined, devitalized, processed, dead GMO “food” which is full of preservatives, toxins and sugars. You absolutely will not experience vital life without consuming vital, alive, non-processed, organic food.
- Many processed foods are also fortified with synthetic vitamins. Synthetic vitamins have been proven to induce disease. See articles here and here.
- Microwaving has also been shown to damage health and to reduce some of the minerals and protein by 5-40%, as well as losing up to 97% of its beneficial antioxidants.
- GMO seeds have altered the gluten content of carbs from 2% to 19%, making carbs toxic for many people. So now, even our bread is destroyed!
- Chlorine and fluoride are toxic poisons and are now in our drinking water along with many other chemicals and pesticides and hormones which have come from water run-off.
- Unhealthy sugar, fructose and sugar substitutes have been added to many if not most foods, and each has been proven damaging to your health.
- It would be wise for everyone to become knowledgeable concerning the pros and cons concerning vaccines.
- It becomes obvious that the FDA and government regulation are not really fulfilling their responsibility to us, so we need to decide to take back control of our own health, if we want to live long vital lives.
The “gifts of healings” we are exploring in these blogs (and in the future ebook) will resolve all the above problems plus more.
Coming back to the original question as to why cancer was not healed through a miracle, I would like to repeat that I don’t know everything, but I would suggest that combining miracles with “gifts of healings” would be likely to bring greater results than simply believing for a miracle, wonderful as they are.
The Health Care System in the U.S. - U.S. doctors are excellent for trauma care, and sewing one up if they have been in an accident. I will surely use them if I need trauma care.
The U.S. ranks 49 in life expectancy out of 220 nations, and yet the U.S. spends more per person per year in health care than any nation on the planet. In 2015 the U.S. spent $9451 per person while Israel spent only $2533 (1/4 the amount). And Israel is a nation where, in spite of death from wars, people live an average of 3 years longer than people in the U.S. The American health care system is ranked 37th amongst the nations of the world by the World Health Organization. The statistics on doctor-induced death rates (approximately 1 million annually) and my personal encounters with those who have been subjected to the U.S. health care system make me choose to opt out if at all possible (See this recent article). Below are some nerve wrecking studies:
- Study: Virus-Carrying Stethoscopes Rarely Cleaned By Doctors Between Patients
- Second Opinion From Doctor Nets Different Diagnosis 88% Of Time, Study Finds
- Few Patients Knew Their Doctor Took Gifts From Drug Companies, Study Finds
- Unhealthy Decisions: 4 In 10 Healthcare Professionals Still Work When Sick
- Study: 54% Of Nurses In Poor Physical, Mental Health — Boosting Odds Of Errors
- Study: “Online Metabolic Calculator” Better At Predicting Heart Disease, Diabetes Risk Than Doctor
I am very thankful for the amazing daily health advances coming forth, and many are coming from hospitals in Israel. I have subscribed to the daily email from Amazing Health Advances, because I love being inspired by what is occurring in the field of health.
The next three paragraphs are from this blog
"Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution, the time will come when medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship to restrict the art of healing to one class of Men and deny equal privileges to others; the Constitution of the Republic should make a Special privilege for medical freedoms as well as religious freedom."
Those are the words of Dr. Benjamin Rush, noted physician, medical professor and an early surgeon general to all Continental armies. A signer of the Declaration of Independence, Rush represented Pennsylvania at the Continental Congress, but not before establishing himself as a popular physician and professor in Philadelphia. A noted humanitarian, Rush was also an important writer, having authored the first American textbook on Chemistry and ultimately contributing several essays to newspapers applauding the Patriot cause.
But his passion was medicine, and in particular - as the above quote attests - the right of a free society to choose their own healthcare path. So much was he against what he viewed as government ineptitude that he ultimately resigned his post as surgeon general because of the way medical care was being mismanaged among the troops.
The body is designed to live to 100+ in vibrant health if you make the right choices. Our Maximized Living chiropractor was running a video in the exercise room just this morning of a man who at 118 still rides his bike to work every day! Maximized Living’s key books, Cruise Ship or Nursing Home and The Cancer Killers both tell you how to opt in. Other ways to opt-in include: Beyond Diet and an interval training home exercise program. We have chosen to opt-in to utilizing all these resources and are opting to live to 100+ in vibrant health.
Focus on adding good foods rather than removing bad foods: I have discovered that focusing on what I am not going to do and what I am seeking to remove from my life just does not work very well at all. Because what we focus on grows within us and what grows within us, we become.
So instead of focusing on foods we are not going to eat, we focus on bringing three great foods to every meal. By doing that, we are turning on the light rather than seeking to drive out the darkness. Light simply automatically removes darkness, as a result of the light being present.
So the three foods you must consume at every meal are: 1) live foods, 2) protein (can be whey protein), and 3) Omega 3's. The diet we are currently consuming has these three things in it. We describe it here. This is one example of how to successfully get these foods in. Doing these three things will cause your body to lose weight and re-set itself at a lower weight. Plus healthy snacks between meals ensure that insulin responses remain steady and carefully balanced throughout the day, as this is crucial to your body being a fat burning machine, rather than a fat building machine.
The three keys to health are:
- Detoxify the body
- Build the immune system
- Nourish the cells
By the way, did you know that in the U.S. religious people live an average of 4 years longer than atheists. Honoring God has lots of benefits.
The resources listed below (Go Deeper) explain in detail how to do these three things.
Which vision do you choose - Cruise ship or nursing home?
When you are seventy or eighty, where do you want to spend time with your grandchildren: sharing a cruise together or when they visit you in a nursing home? What purpose in your life gives you enough passion to overcome the odds against you and cause you to press forward saying, "I WILL GET HEALTHY!"
It may be because you want to enjoy your grandchildren, celebrate your senior years with your spouse in joy, or live in vibrant health fulfilling your God-given destiny. Write down the reasons the Lord gives you which are powerful enough to cause you to put forth the effort to change.
So now let’s move forward! We invite you to prayerfully explore several more priceless pieces of the puzzle which can bring you and your family into maximized health and longevity.
Go Deeper - Get Healthy!
- A Checklist to Restore & Maintain Health - Includes Key Health Websites
- It Only Takes 10 Days for Good Nutrition to Improve Your Health!
- What Is My Daily Health Routine?
- Three Keys to Walking in Vibrant Health Are…
- Take Charge of Your Health (electronic course) or (hard copy) - a 12 week training package
- Victory Over Cancer
- Outstanding Links
- Check out this entire blog series on Vibrant Health! - Miracles PLUS Gifts of Healings. Working through this series on health is ideal for both individuals and groups. The more we take responsibility for ourselves - spirit, soul and body - the healthier we become! Won't you join me in living to at least 100 in vibrant health?