These “positional prayers” embody the kingdom attitudes of faith and gratitude which position me to receive God’s miracle.
Four Positional Prayers Which Express FAITH!
- Forgiveness: I walk in God’s LOVE by forgiving everything against everyone (including myself) so I can be forgiven by God (Mk. 11:25).
- Victory: I appropriate the gift of faith, knowing I already have the victory. Christ has ALREADY won the victory for me in every area (1 Jn. 5:4)!
- Thankfulness: I thank You, Lord, for Your faithfulness, mercy and love (Ps. 98:1).
- Rejoicing: My praise ordains strength which silences the enemy (compare Matt. 21:16 with Ps. 8:2)!
These positional prayers are entered into by statements of faith and require no other action or activity for them to remain active where God can move on our behalf and move in us. Only when we have fallen out of any of these positions, through grumbling, doubt or fear, do we make another profession of faith to bring us back in that position so we can continue to receive whatever God has for us. Obviously we stay tuned to His voice concerning any acts of obedience He is asking us to take. Obedience not only releases His blessing (Deut. 28) but also may function to meet the needs of our bodies, souls or spirits.
Record in your journal God’s answers to the following
- Lord, how would You have me extend forgiveness?
- Lord, show me a vision of the victory already won.
- Thank you, Lord, for making my heart overflow with Your love, mercy and compassion toward all.
- Thank you, Lord, for Your deposit of FAITH that this victory is already completed!
- My heart overflows with gratitude and I rejoice before Your throne worshipping You!