I concluded that stress was the major cause of my heart attack, so I became diligent to enter God’s rest (Hebrews 4:11). Part of this rest involves a heart that is at peace with myself and others. The peace of God guards our hearts (Phil. 4:6-7). Being emotionally troubled over relationships does not result in peace or rest for one’s heart.
I know for many years of my life, judging ruled rather than mercy and peace. Micah 6:8 says I am to DO justly and LOVE mercy. I had those two flipped: I loved judging and only did mercy. After being critical, I would feel anger or contempt about the person or the situation. This is not peace. These negative emotions surely damaged my heart and contributed toward my heart attack.
Verses to meditate on, journal about and hear from God concerning
- Blessed are the peacemakers (Matthew 5:8)
- Be at peace with one another (Matt. 9:50)
- Guide our feet into the way of peace (Lk. 1:79)
- "Whatever house you enter, first say, 'Peace be to this house' (Lk. 10:5-9)
- My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you (Jn. 14:27)
- The mind set on the Spirit is life and peace (Rom. 8:6)
- If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men (Rom 12:18)
- The kingdom of God is righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit (Rom. 14:17)
- Pursue the things which make for peace and the building up (Rom. 14:19)
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 15:13)
- The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet (Rom. 16:20)
- Be diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Eph. 4:3)
- Bind your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace (Eph. 6:15)
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:6-7)
- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, and be thankful (Col. 3:15)
- Peace brings unity and unity releases the anointing of the Spirit - Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious oil upon the head, coming down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard, coming down upon the edge of his robes for there the LORD commanded the blessing--life forever. (Ps. 133:1-3)
Two-way journaling exercise
- Lord, what would You like to speak to me concerning living in peace with myself and with others?
- Discover HOW to do two-way journaling by clicking here.
Cardiac Event Series
- How Could I Have Been So Wrong?
- Biblical Truths Related to Heart Disease
- Causes of Heart Disease: Inflammation, Oxidation, Sugar and Stress
- Drugs, Nutrition and the Lord
- Is Stress The Number One Cause Of Heart Attacks?
- Ever So SLOWLY Learning About Blood Pressure
- Common Denominators of Great Diets
- God Says I’m Healed Yet Symptoms Persist
- Symptoms Go into Remission as I Speak to My Body
- Does Heart Surgery Cause the Heart to Pick Up A Spirit of Fear
- Must I Work Hard To Be Successful?
- Which of The 10 Commandments Can You Break And No One Raises An Eyebrow?
- Experience Rest By Learning How To Delegate
- Living In Rest Requires Living At Peace With Myself and Others
- For Heaven’s Sake, Celebrate!
Related Resources:How to Be Emotionally Free! How to Enjoy Vibrant Health! How to Hear God's Voice!