Speaking healing Scriptures over yourself, three times a day as daily medicine is an awesome way to restore health. A printable download of the healing verses below is available here. Meditating and speaking healing Scriptures over yourself for seven minutes a day for 21 days, can bring you to a whole new level of faith.
Compassion, which involves forgiving yourself and others is crucial to releasing God's healing power (Matt. 11:24-26; 14:14).
Healing Is One of the Benefits Provided to God’s Children
Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all my iniquities, Who heals all my diseases (Ps. 103:2,3)
God’s Kingdom Is Extended as People Are Saved, Delivered and Healed
If I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. (Matt. 12:28)
You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. (Acts 10:38)
Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. (Matt. 9:35)
Old Covenant Healing Promises Are Reaffirmed in Christ Jesus and to His Followers
For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes. (2 Cor. 1:20)
And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease. (Matt. 10:1)
So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere. (Lk. 9:6)
And as you go, preach, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. (Matt. 10:7,8)
Heal those in it who are sick, and say to them, “The kingdom of God has come near to you.” (Lk. 10:9)
And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; …they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
The Manifest Anointing to Heal:
And the power of the Lord was present to heal them (Lk. 5:17).
So we ask for the Holy Spirit’s healing presence to come upon us.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. (1 Jn. 5:14, 15)
Faith Is Heaven’s Currency:
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Heb. 11:6)
Receive Faith as a Gift:
So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God.” (Mk. 11:22). Literally “Have God’s faith” so lay your hand on your heart and speak to it saying, “Faith, arise!”
Be Relaxed and Childlike:
Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it." (Mk. 10:15)
Get a Rhema Word from the Lord:
He sent His word and healed them. (Ps. 107:20)
Faith Comes Through Hearing God Speak into Your Heart:
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word (Greek is “rhema” = “spoken word”) of Christ. (Rom 10:17)
Speak to the Sickness:
I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, “Be removed and be cast into the sea,” and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. (Mk. 11:23,24)
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. (Matt. 11:12)
Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise. (Heb. 10:35,36)
Be Compassionate and Loving:
Jesus felt compassion for them and healed their sick. (Matt. 14:14)
…faith working through love. (Gal. 5:6)
The Son of God appeared … to destroy the works of the devil. (1 Jn. 3:8)
Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end (Isa. 9:7), which means satan’s government continues to shrink until it comes to an end!!!
The Earth Filled:
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD (Hab. 2:14)!
Increase the Anointing by Seeing God’s Power Extending and Destroying Satan’s Kingdom
His radiance is like the sunlight; He has rays flashing from His hand, And there is the hiding of His power. (Hab. 3:4)
He (Jesus) is the radiance of His glory (Heb. 1:3)
The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name." And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. (Lk. 10:17,18)
"The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. (Matt. 6:22)
See God’s Power Being Released Through Your Touch
Wherever He entered villages, or cities, or countryside, they were laying the sick in the market places, and imploring Him that they might just touch the fringe of His cloak; and as many as touched it were being cured. (Mk. 6:56)
You are Free to Repeat a Healing Prayer Three to Four Times in a Row
Jesus prayed twice in a row for the blind man (Mk. 8:23-25), Elijah prayed 7 times in a row and ended a drought (1 Kings 18:42-44 & James 5:16,17)
Biblical Meditation Causes Our Hearts to Burn as He Opens Scriptures (Lk. 24:32)
We are to meditate on God's Word day and night (Josh. 1:8). Faith grows as one meditates on Scripture. Here is a simple 7 step biblical meditation process.
- Write the verse out, memorize it.
- Quiet down and tune to the Holy Spirit's flow.
- Picture and mutter the verse softly with your eyes closed.
- Let Spirit flow guide your reasoning process.
- Journal and record God’s illumination concerning the verse.
- Feel and record God's heart toward you through the verse.
- Act in obedience on what God reveals and speaks.
A Sample Meditation from Isa. 53:4,5!
1) Our griefs He Himself bore, 2) Our sorrows He carried; 3) He was pierced through for our transgressions, 4) He was crushed for our iniquities; 5) The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and 6) By His scourging we are healed! (Isa. 53:4-5 )
Two-way Journaling: You will note that I healed you from the inside out. First I have taken all your emotional burdens, your griefs and sorrows. Then I have dealt with your sins, both the "hidden" iniquities in your heart, and the outer visible transgressions that can be seen. Next I have taken away any chastisement which the law said may be due you because of your sins and transgressions. God will no longer punish you for these sins and transgressions. Finally I deal with bringing healing to your physical body, which I can do through an instant miracle of transformation, or a process of curing you of the disease. Either way is fine, and I use both ways.
So you will note that I have provided healing for you through and through. From the inside to the outside. The one category which remains is the normal, natural consequence of one's sin. This is not my punishment, this is simply the natural laws of the universe in operation. One must eat a healthy diet, exercise, laugh, forgive, express joy and peace and contentment, for each of these is healing, and each of the opposites contribute to poor health. So these natural laws are still in operation, and have not been removed by what I purchased at Calvary through the death of my Son, Jesus Christ.
Picture Jesus’ sacrifice at Calvary and speak these resulting blessings over yourself which He purchased for you.
Jesus took my...
- Griefs – emotional suffering & pain
- Sorrows – regret - what could have been
- Transgressions – outer sinful acts
- Iniquities – hidden sins of the heart
- Chastening – punishment deserved
- Sickness – physical weakness/disease
7 Step Healing Model
- Express Compassion
- Ask, “What’s Wrong?”
- Become Still & Listen to God
- Invite God’s Presence – His Compassion & Power to Heal
- Command the Healing in Jesus’ Name
- Test It Out
- Repeat: Pray a Second, Third and Fourth Time
7 Step Healing Model - Resources Available
You may download a free PowerPoint of the above "7 Step Healing Model," as well as a summary handout sheet which you can use when doing healing workshops. Click here.
Blogs On Meditation and Using the Eyes of Your Heart as You Approach God
- How to Meditate on Scripture & Receive Life-Transforming Revelation
- Hebrew and Greek Definitions of Meditation
- Western Study Versus Biblical Meditation
- 7 Step Meditation Process Explored
- 7 Step Meditation Bookmark (shown at right)
- Healing Scriptures for Meditation
- 4 Keys to Hearing God’s Voice
- What Does the Bible Teach about Visualization?
- You Can See Visions! They Are a Pathway to God
- Poised Before Almighty God
- Lord, When Is “Priming The Pump” Acceptable and Unacceptable?
- Initiative - Should I Take It? by Charity Kayembe
- Help! I Have Trouble Seeing Vision!
- Protestantism's 500-Year-Old Bitter Root Judgment and Inner Vow (a chance to repent)
- Training Your Child to Encounter Jesus - Godly Imagination & Visions
- How to Receive Revelation Knowledge
Books And Courses On Meditation And Spiritual Formation
- Hearing God Through Biblical Meditation book
- Meditation: How to Study the Bible in the Presence of God ebook
- The Art of Biblical Meditation Interactive Online Course from School of the Spirit
- Training Package - 4 Keys To Hearing God's Voice (One key is to use vision)
- Training Package - Hear God Through Your Dreams (Dreams utilize imagery)
- Book - Am I Being Deceived? (Difference between New Agers and Christians)
- Book - Secret Place (Examples of God painting beautiful scenes during prayer times)
- Divine Healing Toolbox CD/DVD Set (using vision while praying for healing)
- Training Package - Prayers That Heal the Heart (Inner healing prayer utilizes vision)
- Sound Doctrine Through Revelation Knowledge by Mark and Patti Virkler – an alternative to traditional hermeneutics.
- The Great Mystery – Christ in You by Mark and Patti Virkler – Explores all New Testament verses that describe what Jesus provides for you through His indwelling Spirit.
- How to Walk by the Spirit by Mark and Patti Virkler – Explores Scriptures concerning the heart
- Intimacy with the Holy Spirit by Mark and Patti Virkler– Explores Scriptures concerning the Holy Spirit
- How Do You Know? by Mark and Patti Virkler – Explores hundreds of verses which reveal God’s prescribed methodology for discovering truth.
Go Deeper - Get Healthy!
Check out this entire blog series on Vibrant Health! - Miracles PLUS Gifts of Healings. Working through this series on health is ideal for both individuals and groups. The more we take responsibility for ourselves - spirit, soul and body - the healthier we become! Won't you join me in living to at least 100 in vibrant health?
Related Resources:How to Be a Spirit-Led Communicator How to Be Empowered by the Holy Spirit! How to Master Your Bible! How to Start a Bible School in Your Church
Related Blogs:Revelation-Based Learning Word of Faith
Add new comment