Weekend Roundup Aug 21 2021
We confess: Lord, You have placed within me a hunger for truth (2 Thess. 2:10). The truth sets me free (Jn. 8:32). I fear God, love truth, and hate dishonest gain (Ex. 18:21). I will lead in the area God has assigned me to.
What is your assignment in this battle? Are you active in it? One of my assignments is to be a teacher who shares life-giving truths, which I do below.
We have been waiting for God to pour out and He has been waiting for the Church to rise up.
Rather than crumble in defeat and despair, Jesus tells us how to stand strong in the midst of the storm
"Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great." (Lk. 6:46-49)
So Jesus gives three steps to standing in the midst of the storms of life:
- I come to Jesus
- I hear what He says to me
- I act on what He says to me
Here’s an example of King David standing strong in the storm
The LORD takes pleasure in me; When I am afflicted He makes me beautiful with His salvation. I exult in glory; I sing for joy on my bed. The high praises of God are in my mouth, and a two-edged sword in my hand, to execute vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with chains and their nobles with fetters of iron, to execute on them the judgment written; this is an honor for all His godly ones. Praise the LORD! (Ps. 149:4-9 Personalized and paraphrased)
Prophetic word by Michelle Kirby – A CLU graduate – she is fulfilling her assignment!
While meditating on Psalm 18:21, “Life and death are in the power of the tongue,” I heard the Lord say:
“BE FIERCE IN THE FRAY. I TORE THE VEIL OF THE TEMPLE DOWN FOR YOU. NOW, YOU TEAR IT DOWN. TEAR DOWN FURTHER THOSE THINGS SEPARATING MY CHILDREN FROM ME. CLAIM JOINT CUSTODY OF MY CHURCH. ALLOW ALL MEMBERS TO PARTAKE OF THE FIVE-FOLD PARTS TO GROW, SERVE, AND SOAR.”
There is a call upon the Church to move in God’s stream and to encourage and facilitate the movement of the five-fold ministry of the church (Eph. 4:11). Encourage the Body of the Church by establishing meetings for people to meet and practice and stir up their gifts in one of these offices as well as in the gifts of the Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12:1,8-11) We need God’s full army! What a Church we will be when we fully move and operate in the authority of our King!
We face an enemy who does not merely spar and give us a break to recover. He is a full-blown stealth assassin seeking to steal, kill, and destroy. We need ALL in the Body to embrace their gifts and operate in them to conquer this foe.
Prayers should be fierce as we are certainly in the fray
Ask God what to pray for. He will tell you. Use the power of your tongue to pray aloud and boldly for:
- God to manifest Himself you and to his children.
- To manifest your giftings and to teach you how to use them.
- Hedges of protection around those in danger or around our families
- Exposure of the enemy and unclean servants and that all evil to fall to the ground and burn, for God’s Word “will not return to Him void.” (Isaiah 55:11)
- Declare the plans of the enemy to be confused, crushed, and destroyed. (Job 22:28)
- Ask God to send hosts of angels to problem areas (family issues, countries, towns, homes, circumstances, places of evil, wherever He tells you, etc.) to break through the enemy strongholds.
- Declare as a believer you will not tolerate evil in a situation, in an illness, ungodly actions, and push back the enemy in Jesus’s name.
- Declare God’s Kingdom to come on earth as is in Heaven
- Ask God to show you, and repent of, any areas of your life that need to be awakened, repented of, and to show you any bitterness that would hinder your authority to pray His will upon this earth
- Pray for God to lead you to people He wants you to pray with and for. (Ecclesiastes 4:12)
- Put on the Whole Armor of God by declaring so – EVERY day. (Ephesians 6:12-19)
- Pray in tongues. There is healing power and strengthening in praying in your prayer language. (1 Corinthians 14:4)
- Connect with Michelle Kirby
Resources providing direction, insight, and faith
- The situation of pastors in Afghanistan – Pray!
- Intercessors For America – Daily Headline Prayer blogs - Sign up
- Flashpoint – Afghanistan info., inspiration, videos of amazing healings – Revival is brewing!
- Parents – Rather than the liberal agenda of state universities check out these alternatives you can choose from: CLU, CLU School of the Spirit, Randy Clark's Revival School, Bill Johnson’s SOM, Catch the Fire SOM, YWAM, some other Christian college, or apprenticeship
For additional important links to this week's articles that will put life-saving truth in your hands, click here.
Related Resources:How to Hear God's Voice!