Get your prayers answered by removing satan’s legal rights and power
Removing curses as you pray for self and others
You can apply this template to releasing your own destiny or when interceding for others, for nations or upcoming calamities the Lord is revealing. Invisible spiritual barriers which hinder God’s promises are contributed to by curses and sins which must be dealt with (Deut. 28:15-68). Yes, Jesus has redeemed us from the curse of the Law (Gal. 3:13). Now we must personally apply that which He jurisdictionally purchased for us.
For example, Jesus purchased our salvation on the cross, but we must choose to accept that free gift and receive His forgiveness and salvation personally (Rom. 10:9-10). Likewise, Jesus purchased our healing on the cross (Isa. 53:5), but we must still apply that healing.
Over 500 verses contain the words “bless” or “curse” which means we should give this topic proper attention. I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life … by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him (Deut. 30:19-20 NASB).
An example of a curse which brings devastation
The curse pronounced: Then Joshua made them take an oath at that time, saying, "Cursed before the LORD is the man who rises up and builds this city Jericho; with the loss of his firstborn he shall lay its foundation, and with the loss of his youngest son he shall set up its gates" (Josh. 6:26).
500 years later: In his days Hiel the Bethelite built Jericho; he laid its foundations with the loss of Abiram his firstborn, and set up its gates with the loss of his youngest son Segub, according to the word of the LORD, which He spoke by Joshua the son of Nun (1 Kings 16:34).
Curse remedied generations later: Then the men of the city said to Elisha, "Behold now, the situation of this city is pleasant, as my lord sees; but the water is bad and the land is unfruitful." He said, "Bring me a new jar, and put salt in it." So they brought it to him. He went out to the spring of water and threw salt in it and said, "Thus says the LORD, 'I have purified these waters; there shall not be from there death or unfruitfulness (to miscarry) any longer'" (2 Kings 2:19-21).
A pattern intercessory prayer which releases God’s destiny for a nation (Dan. 9 and 10)
- Begins with what God has spoken – prophetic word of the Lord concerning the situation (9:1-3)
- Affirms God is a covenant keeping God and full of lovingkindness (9:4).
- Identifies with the sins committed by the people, saying “we have sinned…” and details the sins and confesses them, while continuing to declare God’s ways are just as it is God’s covenant blessings and curses being dealt out (9:5-15).
- Asks for an end of God’s judgment (Dan. 9:16-19).
- Receives revelation – God sends a revelatory answer (Dan. 9:20-27).
- Unlocking Destinies from the Courts of Heaven – Dissolving Curses That Delay and Deny Our Futures by Robert Henderson,
- Blessing or Curse – You Can Choose by Derek Prince
- Shaping History Through Prayer and Fasting by Derek Prince