If I want to live in the covenant blessing of health and wholeness, I must come OUT of agreement with lies which imprison me and which are not congruent with the biblical truth that “By His stripes I am healed.” The key ideas for this blog were presented to me by Kurt Green, a prophetic naturopath, who is passionate to see people receive all God has for them.
I come OUT of agreement with lies which imprison me
I renounce the lie that I need to accept this issue (sickness or condition) because it is…
- Caused by genetic condition
- Caused by some nutrient that I’m missing
- Caused by a parasite or toxin
- Caused by an emotional issue
- Caused by an injury which takes time to heal
- Caused by my age
- An amazing 3 minute video on the power of belief when it comes to eating
Truth: None of the above are greater than the stripes of Christ which purchased my healing and set me free!
I come INTO agreement with God's truth, RECKONING myself healed
I trust in Christ’s finished work on Calvary. By His stripes I AM healed (Isa. 53:5).
- I gaze upon the vision of what I can do with a fully healed body. Abraham, the Father of Faith was fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform. Abraham had a promise (Gen. 12:1-3), and a picture of the promise fulfilled (Gen. 15:5,6) which he chose to gaze upon (Rom 4:19-24).
- I reckon this promise to be so: I walk in health the same way I walk free of sin. Consider - Decide - Purpose - Look upon yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus (Rom. 6:11). I reckon myself dead to this infirmity and healed by the scourging Christ endured.
- I speak God's promise: Whoever says to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him.... All things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you (Mk. 1:22-24).
- I forgive/love: I speak loving, healing words of life to my body, especially the part which is experiencing healing (Mk. 11:25; Matt. 14:14).
- I see ONE single vision - By His stripes I AM healed (Isa. 53:5)! The eye is the lamp of your body; when your eye is clear, your whole body also is full of light; but when it is bad, your body also is full of darkness. Then watch out that the light in you is not darkness. If therefore your whole body is full of light, with no dark part in it, it will be wholly illumined, as when the lamp illumines you with its rays (Lk. 11:34-36).
Praise breaks open the doors which imprison me! But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God ... and suddenly there came a great earthquake ... and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened (Acts 16:25-26). Power In Praise is a helpful book on this topic.
- Praise rewires the hard drive of my mind, granting me God's perspective and God's victory, rather than being locked into my weakness and inability.
- My healing remains as my mind continues to believe that by His stripes I am healed. Therefore I choose to live in this revelation.
Going deeper with two-way journaling questions
- Lord, what lies do You want me to renounce?
- Lord, what would You reveal to me concerning Your finished work of healing for my body?
- Lord, what instructions would You have me follow? For example: God spoke to me to cherish and nourish the part of my body which was giving me health challenges. I realized I had NEVER cherished that part of my body in the past, nor spoken loving, kind words to it, telling it how much I appreciated it and the job it had been doing for me, and thanking it and speaking words of life to it. No wonder it was malfunctioning!
Remember: Cells contain memory and respond to emotions and speech as well as to nutrition. With 90% of illness having an emotional root, it is crucial to LOVE and live in compasssion.
Related Resources:Spiritual Transformations
Related Blogs:Healing Emotional Dis-ease