God's abiding realities include faith, hope and love (1 Cor. 13:13). In this article we will explore two of these three. In the twenty-six verses below, you will see that faith and love are linked. We maximize the release of the anointing of the Spirit of God when we are living in both faith and love.
- Faith arises as God speaks and grants vision (Gen. 12:1-3; 15:5, 6; Rom. 10:17).
- Love is expressed when a wave of God’s compassion flows out through you (Matt. 14:14; Jn. 7:37-39).
Faith and Love - A Biblical Meditation
Prayerfully meditate on the Scriptures below asking God to show you the powerful results of faith and love working together. Record the results of this meditation in your journal.
- If I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing (1 Cor. 13:2).
- But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love (1 Cor. 13:13).
- But just as you abound in everything, in faith and utterance and knowledge and in all earnestness and in the love we inspired in you, see that you abound in this gracious work also (2 Cor. 8:7).
- For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love (Gal. 5:6).
- For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints... (Eph. 1:15).
- Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love... (Eph. 3:17).
- Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (Eph. 6:23).
- Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love which you have for all the saints (Col. 1:4).
- Constantly bearing in mind your work of faith and labor of love (1 Thess. 1:3).
- Good news of your faith and love, and that you always think kindly of us (1 Thess. 3:6).
- Put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation (1 Thess. 5:8).
- Your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows ever greater (2 Thess. 1:3).
- But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith (1 Tim. 1:5).
- The grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus (1 Tim. 1:14).
- Women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint (1 Tim. 2:15).
- In speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example (1 Tim. 4:12).
- For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs (1 Tim. 6:10).
- Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness (1 Tim. 6:11).
- Faith and love which are in Christ Jesus (2 Tim. 1:13).
- Pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart (2 Tim. 2:22).
- Now you followed my teaching, conduct, purpose, faith, patience, love, perseverance... (2 Tim. 3:10).
- Older men are to be temperate, dignified, sensible, sound in faith, in love, in perseverance... (Titus 2:2).
- Greet those who love us in the faith (Titus 3:15).
- I hear of your love and of the faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints (Phil. 1:5).
- Did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the Kingdom which He promised to those who love Him (Jas. 2:5)?
- I know your deeds, and your love and faith and service and perseverance, and that your deeds of late are greater than at first (Rev. 2:19).
Prayer: Lord, birth both love and faith as supernatural manifestations of Your Spirit within my heart. I tune to flow to experience them bubbling up within me. Thank You, Lord!