Elijah prayed 7 times for the drought to end, and on the seventh time, he saw his answer appear (1 Kings 18:42-43). Since we are encouraged to pray as Elijah did (Jas 5:16,17) I have no problem praying seven times for a miracle to happen. If I still don’t have my answer, then I may move on to using another type of prayer. Here are healing Scriptures to speak over yourself daily.
21 Days of Prayer for Digestive Healing
Daniel prayed and fasted for 21 days and received his breakthrough (Dan. 10)! What a exciting Biblical example for us to follow as we are led by the Spirit.
For your morning and evening devotions (1 Chron. 23:30), use the following prayers. Doctors often have you take medicine three times a day. You could surely pray these prayers three times a day if so led, especially if you are facing a critical situation. These prayers provide God the opportunity to pour His grace into you.
Options: You may do the Gifts of Healings prayer for 7 days, followed by Miracles for 7 days and then Speaking a Word of Faith for 7 days. You may prefer to pray the three prays on three consecutive days, and then repeat the cycle 7 times. Follow the leading of the Spirit as you pray until fully healed. It has been said that seven minutes a day for 21 days can re-structure your mind and your heart.
Speak these prayers aloud, with conviction as you tune to vision, flow, emotion, passion and compassion.
The benefits of adding in fasting: Fasting breaks off spiritual bonds (Isa. 58:6) as well as putting my body into the healing state (Isa. 58:6-8). In addition God hears and answers my prayers if I will stop judging others and speaking negative things (Isa. 58:9). It is evident that living in a spirit of judgment damages health and living in a spirit of love and compassion releases healing (Matt. 14:14).
Here is a blog with links to 8,400 scientific studies showing the physical benefits of fasting.
I personally enjoy doing a ten day Master Cleanse as my fast. It is much easier than water only (as it has 500 calories per day in it) and I suspect has very similar benefits. I have seen remarkable improvement in my health whenever I do the Master Cleanse. The Cayenne Pepper cleanses your blood and Smooth Move Tea cleanses your colon.
Jump to a prayer selection below:
Quiet yourself in the Lord's presence, perhaps by praying in the Spirit for a few moments. Pray the following prayer aloud, slowly, incorporating pictures, vision, flow and emotion, as this is what makes it a heart prayer and not simply a head prayer. If you need to repeat phrases twice in order to fully see and feel them, then do that.
Lord Jesus, I welcome Your compassion and Your healing power to flow down upon me right now as I quiet myself in Your presence. Holy Spirit, lead me as I pray. Thank You.
- Repentance - Changing my mind: Lord, I repent for not choosing wisely concerning the foods I consume and for taking comfort in foods (and drugs) rather than in You, Lord. I purpose, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to avoid refined foods, devitalized carbohydrates, sugary substitutes and GMO foods. I purpose to avoid drugs, cigarettes and other items toxic to my body. Lord, cause my body to hunger for and desire nutritious food. Lord, strengthen me to make healthy choices that meet my body’s needs. I choose to eat appropriate amounts slowly, chewing them thoroughly. I choose to drink room temperature liquids while eating and to keep these at a minimum so as not to dilute the digestive juices in my stomach. Since grains are particularly hard on the colon, I will avoid these during the healing process.
I repent for harboring tension, anger and fear. I choose to smile, relax and laugh throughout the day. I choose to forgive and honor myself, and to forgive and honor all others. I repent for not exercising and I choose to challenge my body through exercise so it maintains optimum health. Lord, guide me in the selection of all necessary food based supplements so I can be sure to have adequate minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and HCl in my digestive tract. Since fermented foods are excellent to restore healthy digestion, I will add fermented foods to my diet.
- Breaking curses: I break all word curses (hexes, vexes, incantations and witchcraft prayers) spoken over me by myself or others concerning poor digestion. I bind and rebuke all evil spirits that that are connected with these experiences and gained a foothold in my life. I break all agreement with any imaginations of indigestion. Indigestion has no place within me! Demonic forces, I break you off from me now in Jesus' name! I declare that the diagnosis that the enemy has placed on me will not prevail over the ability of Almighty God to heal me.
- Cleansing (lay your hands on your gut, seeing Christ’s hands overlying yours): I command unhealthy parasites and unhealthy microbes, virus, bacteria and fungi to leave my colon and digestive tract along with all yeast. I command healthy intestinal flora to be restored. I command all toxic elements, heavy metals, pesticides and preservatives to be cleansed from this body in Jesus' name.
- Erasing negative memories (lay your hands on your stomach seeing Christ’s hands overlying yours): I speak to my cellular memory, my RNA and my DNA and I command the indigestion, pain and suffering to be cleaned by the blood of Lamb and erased from their memories. I command the images, thoughts, attitudes and ideas that my body will react with distress to food, to leave in Jesus' name. I choose to think on things of good report. I break all mental strongholds and fears that say I will always have these problems. These are lies from the enemy. They are not true. My only memory will be of the marvel of God’s healing grace restoring my digestive track and bringing me to perfect weight.
- Restoring body parts: Lay your hands upon each of the organs below (mouth, throat, stomach, liver and gut), while seeing Jesus laying His hands upon your hands. Now together with Jesus, speak the statements below to each organ, as you stay tuned to flow, and watch each part of your digestive system respond appropriately. Stay tuned to flowing pictures, flowing thoughts and flowing emotions, so that you pick up the initiatives of the Holy Spirit (Jn. 7:37-39).
Holy Spirit, I welcome Your compassion and healing power, and I ask for it to flow upon me now, in Jesus' name. I speak restoration to my digestive organs. In the name of Jesus, you are to secrete all necessary digestive juices starting with the saliva glands in my mouth – function normally, in Jesus' name; hydrochloric acid in my stomach – secrete normally, in Jesus' name; bile from my gall bladder – secrete normally, in Jesus' name. Liver, cleanse normally, in Jesus' name. I command a proper balance of micro-organisms and probiotics in my colon, in Jesus' name. The lining of my intestines is restored and strengthened. It releases nutrients properly, without leaking, in Jesus' name. I speak to all organs that relate to digestion, “Come into perfect alignment with your God given purpose!” I speak to my skin, "Be healed and restored in Jesus name!"
- Soaking my complete digestive tract in God’s glory: Digestive system, I see you glowing with divine light and glory (Hab. 3:4). God’s light and glory fills my mouth and my salivary glands. It is illuminating my throat, healing as it goes. Now I see God’s light and glory and power glowing in my stomach, restoring the stomach lining and causing it to secrete gastric juices properly. My gall bladder is now glowing with Christ’s light, secreting bile properly. Now my liver is glowing with Christ’s light, being cleansed, strengthened to do the work of detoxifying my body. My intestines are glowing with Christ’s light. The walls are being strengthened so nothing leaks through that is not supposed to leak through, and digested nutrition does flow through freely.
I see my body in radiant health, reflecting the glory and wholeness of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Thank You, Jesus, for your healing touch. Healing oil is now pouring down over each organ of my digestive tract; first my throat, then my stomach, then my gall bladder, then my liver, then my intestines. His oil flows from top to bottom. I watch and see every organ being transformed as it is touched by this healing flow.
- Celebration of divine health: With a big smile on my face, I celebrate how well my digestive system works. I see food being readily assimilated by my body. I lay my hands on my heart and I speak faith to my heart. Faith, arise! Faith arise! Faith arise, in Jesus' name. I believe for perfect, complete digestion! Lord, I receive Your gift of faith to believe for complete restoration of my digestive tract. Your compassion and grace has healed. You have removed all doubts and fears. You bring my heart and mind into perfect alignment with your will. I place my hands over all foods before consuming them and speak a blessing upon them. I choose exercise, laughter and stress free living. I run, I play and I laugh seeing Jesus at my side (Acts 2:25). I enjoy and celebrate the gift of life which God has given me. Thank You, Lord, for Your compassionate healing touch!
(Adopted from “The 7 step GIFTS OF HEALING Model”)
- Compassion – Smile, tune to your heart, express God’s love toward you, “Of course Jesus wants to heal me … Jesus includes everyone … I absolutely am included.” I feel God’s love!
- Ask, “What’s Wrong?” – “How long have I had this and what event occurred at the time this problem began?” Receive and honor any thoughts or pictures which come as these are important messages from your heart.
- Listen to God – Relax, smile and ask, “Lord, grant me words of knowledge concerning how to pray for this situation.” Then receive any information the Lord may want to reveal by tuning to spontaneous emotions, spontaneous bodily pains, emotional pains, pictures and words. Lovingly embrace these. Specifically confess sins, especially accusative thoughts and words toward self and others and unforgiveness towards self and others, and follow any other specific directions God gives. Command all spiritual forces connected with these sins to leave now. If no special revelation bubbles up, then minister healing based on the general promises in the Bible and Jesus’ example of healing ALL who came.
- Invite God’s Presence - His Presence and Power to Heal – “Lord, pour Your love and healing power upon this body according to Isa. 61:1-3. Holy Spirit, I welcome Your presence. Glorify the Father by revealing your glorious healing power. God, send angels with healing on their wings. Your love and power is present to heal (Lk. 5:17)!"
- Command the Healing in Jesus’ Name – Lay your hand on your digestive tract and command the affliction/pain to leave. Use short prayers. Stay relaxed and smiling so you do not block the flow of the Holy Spirit. Maintain this attitude: “Healing is easy because Jesus has already done the work. By His scourging I am healed. He has already purchased this healing for me” (Isa. 53:4,5; Ps. 103:3; 147:3). I rebuke demons connected to this ailment and command them to leave. I cancel every assignment of the powers of darkness against me. I command pain to go and trauma to leave all cellular tissue. I speak restoration and normal function of all cells and body parts in my entire digestive tract as well as my skin. “Be healed in Jesus’ name!” See God’s light penetrating the area. I focus God’s healing light on the digestive tract and my skin just as I would focus a magnifying glass on a piece of paper to intensify the sun’s rays and start it on fire. God’s focused healing power releases miracles (Lk. 11:34-36; Hab. 3:4). Roar at satan and his darkness! I declare, believe and see Your divine energy penetrating my skin and digestive tract. I personalize and speak Psalm 91 over myself.
- Test It Out – I ask for and receive God’s vision of my body functioning normally. Gratitude and thanksgiving flood my heart as I digest food I could not digest before. Miracles manifest as I step out in faith, believing, thanking Him (Mk. 11:22-24) and receiving in childlike joy. As the lepers went, they were healed (Lk. 17:14). “I get up and live in vibrant health.”
- Repeat: Pray a Second, Third and Fourth Time – If I pray and see no visible change in the natural, or I see a partial healing, I pray again. Repetition weakens and defeats the enemy. With each prayer I express a little more love, belief, and gratitude. I close by praying a blessing over myself. “I am a child of the King: I am a co-heir with Jesus. All Jesus bought and paid for is my inheritance. I am loved. I am forgiven. I am cleansed by the blood. I am accepted in the Beloved. I am filled with His Spirit. I have angels protecting me and assisting me in the ministry of Jesus. I am united with Jesus: I have been crucified with Christ. I died with Him. I was buried with Him. I was raised with Him. I am seated with Him in the heavenlies far above all rule, all power, all authority, and above every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the one to come. Therefore, I carry the authority of Christ. I have authority over sickness, over sin, over demons, and over the world. I am the salt of the earth. I am the light of the world. All things work together for my good because I love God, and I am called according to His purpose, which is for me to be conformed to the image and likeness of Christ. I can do all things through Christ, because greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world."
(Adopted from "The 7 Step MIRACLE Model”)
- I receive a spoken word from the Lord - “Lord, what do You want to say to me about my digestive system?” Listen for His voice, tuning to flowing thoughts. You may want to write down what He speaks.
- I receive a vision, a picture of the promise fulfilled - “Lord, what does my healed digestive system look like? What will I be able to do when You have restored me to full health?”
- I ponder this rhema and vision from God – nothing else! I choose carefully to daily, continuously ponder and see ONLY God’s promised healing for me. “Whatever I fix my eyes upon, grows within me; whatever grows within me, I become.” Jesus, You have purchased my healing at great cost, through the stripes which You bore. I will not squander this costly gift from Calvary.
- I speak the rhema and vision God has spoken to me – I speak health and healing to my digestive tract and to my skin in Jesus name. Be healed in Jesus name. "Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him (Mk. 11:23).
- I act on the rhema and vision God has spoken to me – I do what you have asked me to do to restore my digestive tract.
- I set aside self-reliance – I fix my hope fully and completely on the Lord!
- God, You will release the miracle in the fullness of Your time - Lord, I believe the rhema and vision You have given to me. I believe digestive healing is released to me. Thank You Lord. I worship You. You are more than amazing!
(Adopted from “The 7 Step WORD OF FAITH Model”)
- Digestive Health – All Disease Begins in the Gut
- Leaky Gut Syndrome Affecting Up to 80% of the Population
- Why Is it Valuable to Repeat a Prayer BOTH Morning and Evening?
- Unleashing Healing Power Through Spirit-Born Emotions (A Prayer Workshop)
- Healing Scriptures for Meditation
- Build faith through anointed preaching and testimonies about healing
- Come into His presence using throne room worship, and then see and experience His light and power flowing through you and particularly see it healing the digestive tract.
- A 7 Step Meditation Process Explored
- Check out this entire blog series on Vibrant Health! - Miracles PLUS Gifts of Healings. Working through this series on health is ideal for both individuals and groups. The more we take responsibility for ourselves - spirit, soul and body - the healthier we become! Won't you join me in living to at least 100 in vibrant health?
Related Resources:How to Enjoy Vibrant Health!
Related Blogs:Digestive Health