The following series of questions can be used to help those you are counseling who seem unable to see vision. These questions will help discern the cause of their inability to see, and help them begin receiving.
- Start by establishing if they can see at all.
Ask, Can you picture your living room couch?
If they answer yes, go on to B below.
|If your answer is no, you must discover why you have cut off the visionary capacity. Generally people have done so for one of two reasons: 1) to avoid the sin of lust, or 2) to cut off an unpleasant reoccurring visual scene. If you have done either of these, you need to repent for rejecting and ignoring your visual ability, and pray for God to heal and restore it. You must then receive prayer counseling ministry to heal the issue(s) that led to this decision. Ask yourself: Was there ever a time in my life that I was able to see visions? If so, at what point did I cut it off? Why? Pray: Holy Spirit, please show me any event or any reason I have cut off the visionary capacity in my life. Tune to flowing thoughts, and respond to what you are receiving by applying the appropriate prayer ministry (e.g., repentance, inner healing, deliverance, renouncing of ungodly vows to no longer see). You should break off all spiritual forces of blindness that got connected to you through the ungodly belief, and inner vow, and then tell the demon of blindness you hate it and command it to leave you in Jesus' name. Others can pray this deliverance prayer with you also. You are likely to feel the spirit of blindness leave, and experience a renewed ability to see with the eyes of your heart.|
- If an individual can see his or her living room couch, then go on to the following:
|Ask: Can you picture Bible scenes? If so, encourage them to do so each time they meditate on the Word. This is a way of strengthening the eyes of your heart.|
|Ask: Can you see Jesus in the biblical scenes? If not, then pray and find out why they have cut off vision of Jesus. This is usually because of teaching by the Church that it is wrong to visualize Jesus because it is a graven image. Have them repent and state the opposite, which is that the Bible teaches that we are to fix our eyes upon Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:1,2).|
Additional Resources Which Relate to Using the Eyes of Your Heart as You Approach God
- What Does the Bible Teach about Visualization?
- You Can See Visions! They Are a Pathway to God
- Poised Before Almighty God
- Lord, When Is “Priming The Pump” Acceptable and Unacceptable?
- Help! I Have Trouble Seeing Vision!
- Training Your Child to Encounter Jesus - Godly Imagination & Visions
- Training Package - 4 Keys To Hearing God's Voice (One key is to use vision)
- Training Package - Hear God Through Your Dreams (Dreams utilize imagery)
- Book - Am I Being Deceived? (Difference between New Agers and Christians)
- Book - Secret Place (Examples of God painting beautiful scenes during prayer times)
- Divine Healing Toolbox CD/DVD Set (using vision while praying for healing)
- Protestantism's 500-Year-Old Bitter Root Judgment and Inner Vow (a chance to repent)
- Training Package - Prayers That Heal the Heart (Inner healing prayer utilizes vision)