Minister in teams of two (Lk. 10:1), a prophet and a teacher working together (Acts 13:1,2).
- Compassion – Smile, ask their name, tune to your heart, express love to them, “Of course Jesus wants to heal you … Jesus includes everyone … you absolutely are included.” They must feel loved!
- Ask, “What’s Wrong?” – “Where does it hurt?” and “What does God want to heal NOW?” – focus intently on one item at a time. Ask the individual, “How long have you had this and what event occurred at the time this problem began?” Ask, “May I pray for you for healing? May I lay my hand on you? Now, simply receive as I pray and sense and share what you are feeling, and any thoughts or pictures which come to you as these are important messages from your heart.”
- Listen to God – Relax, smile and ask, “Lord, grant me words of knowledge concerning how to pray for this person.” Then receive any information the Lord may want to reveal by tuning to spontaneous emotions, spontaneous bodily pains, emotional pains, pictures and words. Lovingly share these. Specifically confess sins, especially accusative thoughts and words toward self and others and unforgiveness towards self and others and follow any other specific directions God gives. Command all spiritual forces connected with these sins leave now. If no special revelation bubbles up, then minister healing based on the general promises in the Bible and Jesus’ example of healing ALL who came.
- Invite God’s Presence - His Presence and Power to Heal – “Lord, pour Your love and healing power on this person according to Isa. 61:1-3). Holy Spirit, we welcome Your presence. Glorify the Father by revealing your glorious healing power. God, send angels with healing on their wings." With your eyes open, watch the person for signs of the Holy Spirit moving upon them (eyelids flutter, become flushed, gentle trembling, peace). NOW, the love and power of the Lord is present to heal (Lk. 5:17)!
- Command the Healing in Jesus’ Name – Lay your hand on the infirm spot (be sensitive when praying for opposite sex). Command the affliction/pain to leave. Use short prayers. Both individual and prayer counselor are to stay relaxed and smiling so you do not block the flow of the Holy Spirit. Maintain this attitude: “Healing is easy because Jesus has already done the work, by His scourging we are healed. He has already obtained this healing for us” (Isa. 53:4,5; Ps. 103:3; 147:3). Rebuke demons and command them to leave. Cancel every assignment of the powers of darkness against the person's mind, body and spirit, command pain to go and trauma to leave all cellular tissue. Speak restoration and normal function of all cells and body parts. Be detailed and specific. “Function normally in Jesus’ name!” See God’s light penetrating the area. You focus God’s healing light on the infirm spot just as you would focus a magnifying glass on a piece of paper so that the sun’s rays are intensified and start it on fire. God’s focused healing power releases miracles (Lk. 11:34-36; Hab. 3:4). If you need to roar at satan and his darkness, do so! You are simply declaring, believing and seeing His divine energy penetrate the area. Speak faith, trust, peace, and protection of Psalm 91.
- Test It Out – Ask for and receive God’s vision of the body functioning normally, letting gratitude and thanksgiving flood your heart as you do something you could not easily do before. Miracles manifest as you step out in faith, believing, thanking (Mk. 11:22-24) and receiving in childlike joy. As the lepers went, they were healed (Lk. 17:14). “Get up and walk.”
- Repeat: Pray a Second, Third and Fourth Time – If you pray and see no visible change in the natural, or you see a partial healing, then pray again (immediately) until you have prayed 3-4 times and either they are completely healed or you note no further improvement (Lk. 18:1-8; Mk. 8:23-25:ja. 5:17; 1 Kgs. 18:41-45). Repetition weakens and defeats the enemy. With each prayer express a little more love, belief, and gratitude, staying open to using various prayer approaches. Close by praying a blessing and being sure to determine if they have ever invited Christ into their lives. If not, lead them in a salvation prayer.
A Blessing Declaration Which Individual Repeats After You: I am a child of the King: I am a co-heir with Jesus. All Jesus bought and paid for is my inheritance. I am loved. I am forgiven. I am cleansed by the blood. I am accepted in the Beloved. I am filled with His Spirit. I have angels protecting me and assisting me in the ministry of Jesus. I am united with Jesus: I have been crucified with Christ. I died with Him. I was buried with Him. I was raised with Him. I am seated with Him in the heavenlies far above all rule, all power, all authority, and above every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the one to come. Therefore, I carry the authority of Christ. I have authority over sickness, over sin, over demons, and over the world. I am the salt of the earth. I am the light of the world. All things work together for my good because I love God, and I am called according to His purpose, which is for me to be conformed to the image and likeness of Christ. I can do all things through Christ, because greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world.
7 Heart Attitudes which Underlie the 7 Step Miracle Model (Prov. 4:23)
- Love – Express Compassion toward Self and Others
- Honor – Ask, “What’s Wrong?”
- Sensitivity – Become Still, Listen & Follow God’s instructions – Specifically Forgive ALL
- Awareness – Invite God’s Presence – His Compassion & Power to Heal
- Authority – Command Body Parts Be Healed in Jesus’ Name, Rebuke Spirits
- Thanksgiving – Thank God as You Test Out Your Body
- Faith – Repeat – Pray a Second, Third and Fourth Time
You can hold this card in the palm of your left hand, while praying and laying your right hand on the person you are praying for. This can be a simple reminder of the steps you want to process through as you minister healing. Click here to order this card.
You can personalize the back of this card with your ministry information by ordering them through Vistaprint! Simply go to the Vistaprint website and click on “Business Card” and then use the "Upload Your Design" option for the front of the business card, and upload this file. Then use any of their attractive templates to enter your own information on the back side of the card. If you order in large quantities, the cost comes down to just a few cents each.
Ways to Grow Strong in Faith (Rom. 4:20)
- Know that the authority to heal is provided by: the name of Jesus (Phil. 2:9; Jn. 16:23,24), the message of the Gospel (Rom. 1:16), God’s delight to heal (1 Jn. 5:14; Lk. 5:13) and hearing God's rhema (Jn. 10:17).
- We meditate on healing Scriptures and on who we are in Christ, receiving revelation (Lk. 24:32), transformation (Rom. 12:2) and new found confessions (2 Cor. 4:13). Plan on a minimum of 3 months of focused meditation and up to a year.
- Establish heart faith which is miracle working faith. I fill all 5 senses of my heart with God, thus following the pattern of Abraham, the Father of Faith.
- We preach the full Gospel, that when healing and deliverance occur the Kingdom has come near (Lk. 4:18,19).
- We share testimonies of past and present healings (Rev. 12:11). Read numerous healing testimonials.
- We worship in tongues (Jude 1:20) and we enter His presence in spiritual worship (Ps. 22:3) seeing ourselves joining with the company worshipping before His throne. His power comes with His presence.
- I ask for the gift of faith and then lay my hand on my heart and command, “Faith, enlarge” (1 Cor. 12:9).
I Live Naturally Supernatural Radiating His Divine Spirit, His Life and His Health
The Confession Is…
Applied to the Outworking of Health in My Life
Christ procured at Calvary my health
He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed. (Isa. 53:5)
I contain Christ, Who is my life (Col. 3:4)
Jesus is my way, truth, and life (Jn. 14:6). I contain His Spirit Who is pure radiant light, energy, peace, joy and health. I have this treasure in my earthen vessel (2 Cor. 4:7). I am filled up with the fullness of God (Eph. 3:19).
I live tuned to His indwelling Spirit (Gal. 5:25; Heb. 12:25; Jn. 7:37)
I continuously see and feel the pulse of His Spirit as pure radiant light, power, peace, joy and health within me. I live seeing myself filled up with the fullness of God and tuned to His flow: flowing thoughts, flowing pictures, flowing emotions and an energizing flow from within (Eph. 3:14-21).
Christ’s Spirit within gives life to my natural body (Rom. 8:2,11)
Kingdom health flows out through my spirit, soul and body lighting every particle as it goes (Rom. 14:17). Darkness in my soul is displaced by joy, laughter, peace, and the cells of my body respond to this divine reverberation, being restored to their natural God-given frequencies and functions.
My Confession! For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant me, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in my inner man, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith; and that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that I may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within me, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen. (Eph. 3:14-21 NASB). An extended personalized confession of "Who I Am in Christ" is available here.
I Activate Heart Flow by Ceasing Striving and Entering into REST (Heb. 4)
- I remember that healing is easy because Jesus has already done the work (Isa. 53:5). I wear a big smile, as I co-labor with God (1 Cor. 3:9), watching Jesus ministering at my right hand (Acts 2:25).
- I am tuned to God within my heart: my eyes are fixed on Jesus (Acts 2:25) and I am tuned to flowing thoughts, flowing pictures, flowing emotions and heart meditation (Jn. 7:37-39; 5:19,20,30; Gal. 5:22; Matt. 14:14; Ps. 77:6).
- I experience “The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 8:2) which is the energizing I sense within as I fix my eyes on Jesus, the one Who lives in me, and by fellowship with the Holy Spirit I receive His rhemas, visions, emotions and empowering.
- I am whole-hearted: Includes presenting the eyes, ears and emotions of my heart to God to fill with His pictures, rhemas and emotions which purifies my motivations, attitudes and character traits and moves me to Spirit-anointed speech and action. I do the following whole-heartedly unto God: love, serve, obey, listen to, pray to, trust in and praise. Promises to the wholehearted: Jer. 29:13; 1 Chron 28:9; 2 Chron. 16:9. Explore 1200 verses on "heart and spirit" here.
- I draw near: with a true heart (honest about our pain, shortcomings…), fully assured by faith that He has heard, met my needs and sprinkled my heart clean from an evil conscience, being cleansed by His logos and rhema (Heb. 10:22).
I Act in Faith (Jas. 2:26)
- I take risks - Divine healing is HIS reputation at risk - especially in the marketplace.
- We are receiving words of knowledge - allowing God to tell us what He wants to do. The congregation can receive these, particularly those who are prophetic. Have them ask for, and share flowing pictures (including pictures of words), ideas, emotions & bodily sensations. Keep this easy enough for a child to do. These can be received through dreams. If the prophetic word applies to an individual ask them to stand, believe for healing and try out things that were difficult for them to do. They are to begin waving both hands in the air when they are at least 80% healed.
- I fully expect instant results - As I do what He says, and as I command pain to leave & cast out spirits of infirmity, etc.
I Release MORE Power by...
- Seeing Spiritual Realities: Since a picture is worth 1000 words and it produces heart faith (i.e. Gen. 15:5,6), I see my hands as Jesus’ hands and His power (as light) flowing out through them (Hab. 3:4). As I minister healing and deliverance, I watch the Kingdom of light demolishing satan’s kingdom.
- Conducting a Soaking Healing Prayer Session: gaining the synergy of a multi-gifted team: Do a 20 minute “soaking” where several surround and lay hands on the individual, tune to flow and pray all the ways described above. (Acts 13:1,2 - include a person with compassion (family member/friend), one with empathy (someone who has the same/similar condition), one with faith (who has been healed of the same or similar infirmity), one who is prophetic (who can easily get revelation about the issues needing healing), and administrator/teacher (to assist with organizing the flow of the healing process). The administrator honors each one, by ensuring their gift is released and utilized. During this soaking session, each one is seeing God's healing rays penetrating the sick body, driving out the darkness (Hab. 3:4; Heb. 1:3) and sharing in prayer and prophecy what they are seeing (Col. 3:16). More here.
I Remove Blockages (Jas. 5:14,15; 1 Cor. 11:17-32; Ps. 103:3; Isa. 33:24)
- Toxins in Your Heart – unforgiveness toward self/others, anger, fear, jealously… (more). Ask God to show you any sins He wants you to repent of and then repent. Ask God to show you the gifts he has produced in your life through the experience. Record them and review them daily, thanking God for these gifts. Gratitude is healing!
- Toxins in Your Body – contaminated foods, water, air, cleansers, clothes, poor nutrition… (more). Cleanse your environment and nourish your body.
- Break bondages through fasting - Some demons come out only through prayer and fasting (Matt. 17:21). A three day water fast completely reboots your immune system (more here).
- Healing PTSD Trauma - A specialized counselor here, plus Healing PTSD training materials here.
- Healing DID and Alternative Personality Disorder - A specialized phone prayer ministry counselor with proven effective results is available here.
Tips as You Pray
- Feedback: They should not be praying while you pray, but receiving in faith from the Holy Spirit, seeing His light shining into their bodies. You may be led to have them connect their eyes with yours, to engage their faith (Acts 3:4). Individual should inform you of anything they are feeling, hearing or seeing as you pray. Tell the individual to share with you all spontaneous thoughts and pictures coming to their mind. These are God speaking, showing things which need to be dealt with, repented of, etc.
- Forgiveness: Make sure they specifically forgive those who have hurt them. This means picturing the person, and the scene, and saying, “I forgive _________ in Jesus’ name. I choose to honor them, release them and bless them in Jesus' name.” Do this prayer for yourself also. "I completely forgive myself, honor myself, and accept myself just as I am, in Jesus' name."
- Demons: If pain worsens while praying for a person that means an evil spirit is involved, so rebuke the spirit of affliction and command it to leave in Jesus’ name.
- Short: Prayers can be short, ten seconds to a minute. Keep re-interviewing and re-praying until full healing occurs, or nothing more is happening and you have no other ideas as to how to pray. Focus your prayers on the area they sense God is working. Bless what is happening, and ask the Holy Spirit to continue and do more.
- Additions: Add other means God uses to heal: anointing with oil and confessing sins one to another (Jas. 5:14-17), fasting (Isa. 58:6-11), a merry heart (Prov. 17:22), good nutrition, (Dan. 1:5-17), and more.
- Invite angels to be present to release healing gifts from God (Jn. 5:4).
- More tips can be found in the final chapter of The Essential Guide to Healing by Bill Johnson and Randy Clark and in the blog series: Vibrant Health! - Miracles PLUS Gifts of Healings and PTSD Prayer Model.
Participate in the Advancing Kingdom - Conduct Healing Workshops (Isa. 9:7)
- Raise faith by a brief teaching (perhaps using the free PowerPoint we make available).
- Enlarge faith with healing testimonies.
- Review the 7 step model with the group, so they understand what the steps are, and have them recite together the seven key words 3 times. Key Words: Compassion-Ask-Listen-Presence-Command-Test-Repeat
- Model the 7 steps by having everyone lay hands on their own bodies and repeat the 7 prayers three times as you lead them in the prayers. Stay tuned to flow as you lead them, and you will discover that people will be healed during this exercise.
- Ask all who would like prayer to come to the front and form a line and have volunteers come and stand in front of each person in the line (either one or two people praying for each client). If everyone wants prayer, then simply break the group in half, and let them take turns praying for each other.
- Have them pray for their partner a minimum of three or four times (unless full healing occurs first), following the 7 step model.
- Close with testimonies of healings received and pray a blessing upon all.
- Free downloadable printable version of this blog available here
- Free MP3 download of Dr. Virkler's Healing Workshop which used this 7 Step Model
- Free PowerPoint to Use When Teaching This Healing Workshop
- Free 7 Step Meditation Bookmark (Meditation releases revelation which releases authority.)
- Resources for YOUR Healing Encounter or Miracle Service
Free Summary Cards - Use and Share!
You can hold this card in the palm of your left hand, while praying and laying your right hand on the person you are praying for. This can be a simple reminder of the steps you want to process through as you minister healing.
Contact us for information about personalizing the back side of this card with your ministry information.
A copy of this "Miracles - 7 Step Model" is available with active hyperlinks at: www.cwgministries.org/Miracles7StepModel
Go Deeper - Get Healthy!
Check out this entire blog series on Vibrant Health! - Miracles PLUS Gifts of Healings. Working through this series on health is ideal for both individuals and groups. The more we take responsibility for ourselves - spirit, soul and body - the healthier we become! Won't you join me in living to at least 100 in vibrant health?